The Salida Fiber Festival [SFF] is a juried event. The SFF Jury Committee encourages vendors to focus on unique, handmade and specialty supplies or fabrics or finished items, including, but not limited to, fiber, yarn, garment fabrics, and other value-added textiles, as well as finishing items such as buttons, and textile tools.
Read the Vendor Considerations section below before you submit your application.
Vendor application deadline is April 15, with notification of accepted vendors on May 15. Any applications received post-deadline will be placed on a waiting list in the order received.
Booth fee is $225 for each 10’ x 10’ space. If two vendors are sharing a 10’ x 10’ space, there is an additional $20 charge.
Tables and chairs may be rented from
Settings Event Rental (719) 539-2434
A. Application Requirements
- The completed application (two pages).
- Vendors new to the festival or previous vendors whose merchandise has changed: 2-5 photos of vendor booth set-up and contents OR a website address where we may view vendor merchandise. Photos will not be returned.
- Payment in full at time of application. All payments will be processed promptly and in the case of non-acceptance to the Festival, payment will be returned in full in the form of a check. In case of cancellation, if notification is received by August 10, vendor will receive an 80% refund. In the case of a returned check or declined credit card, vendor will replace the application fee, plus $15 returned-check fee, within 10 days of notification in the form of certified funds, with no second chances.
- A copy of vendor’s Special Event Colorado Sales Tax License. Applications lacking this license will not be considered.
B. Festival Requirements
- Any 10’x10’ booth space may be shared by no more than two entities. A Guild is considered one entity regardless of how many members are participating.
- Vendors may apply for multiple 10x10 spaces; however, all booth materials must stay within those dimensions.
- Merchandise in vendor booth must be fiber- and/or textile-related, i.e. materials for creating or embellishing fiber items and/or finished items. Any merchandise that does not meet SFF Jury Committee requirements will be removed by the vendor.
- All vendors must have their booths open for the entirety of the festival, Saturday9 am -5 pm and Sunday 10 am – 4 pm. Set-up may begin as early as 10 am on Friday. Security will be on site from 5 pm Friday through 9 am Saturday and 5 pm Saturday through 10 am Sunday. Booth take-down must occur on Sunday evening, as there will be no security Sunday night.
- All vendors must have and display during the festival a Special Event Colorado Sales Tax License and are responsible for collecting tax for sales during the festival and paying to appropriate entities [tax forms in vendor packet at Info Booth].
- Each booth must have a sign stating the name of vendor business(es) or guild/group.
- Stakes are not allowed to anchor booths in this park, therefore bring weights for each tent, such as sand tubes, water jugs or weighted buckets. Water is available for filling jugs.
- Each vendor will be responsible for the contents of his/her booth. The SFF Organizing Committee will not be responsible for any loss, theft, injury or damage that may occur or be experienced by exhibitors, vendors, customers or attendees. [Please see “Release of Liability” section of the Application.]
- The SFF Organizing Committee is not responsible for any vendor copyright violations. We expect each vendor to be aware of copyright laws and abide by them.
- Each 10’x10’ booth and each separate entity is required to submit a donation item to the silent auction of $40 retail value. For example, vendors with two booth spaces will donate a total retail value of $80, and a single booth with two vendors will donate the same. Proceeds from the silent auction defray the cost of police security, as well as other festival costs.
Application and Payment
Once you have completed payment, download and complete your registration form and attach a copy of your receipt to your application. Mail your application and receipt to Salida Fiber Festival, Post Office Box 442, Salida, CO 81201. If you have any questions they may be directed to SalidaFiberFestival@gmail.com.